The relay is basically an electromechanical device which comprises one or more set of contacts, open or closed by an electromagnet. The basic structure of relay is in form of coil.
The relays is an important primary control element in a control system which is being controlled by an electrical signal gives advantage of cost reduction. These system deliberately introduced as on –off control. This set up is designed to study of such relay control system characteristics. The set up has simulated relay with simulated process. There are three continuously variable controls. One is AMPLITUDE, meant to control the reference single amplitude. Another two controls are related with relay controller.
- Simulated electronic relay using high speed IC’s.
- Simulated 2nd order linear plant.
- Facility for displaying x and x signals.
- Dead zone variable from 0-600mV app.
- Hysteresis variable from 0-500mV app.
- Built in signal sources :
- Sine wave : 0-1V (min.) variable amplitude.
- Square wave : 0-1V (min.) variable amplitude.
- IC regulated internal power supplies.
- 220V ±10%, 50Hz mains operated.
- User’s Manual with patch cords.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Study of the relay characteristics and display of the same on CRO for different values of hysteresis and dead zones.
- Study of the effect of hysteresis on system stability.
- Phase plane analysis of relay control system for various values of Hysterisis and Dead Zones.